Monday, September 22, 2008

Finally Fall!!

The nights and mornings are cool and crisp, while the afternoons are warm and sunny. The leaves on the trees are finally starting to change to the beautiful fall colors I long for. My back porch is clean and ready to use and my Halloween decorations outside are up for all to enjoy (even if they aren't all the way finished yet).

I made a batch of sugar cookie dough yesterday and made 8 leaf cookies. Yes, 8....I get bored easily when having to roll out and cut cookie dough. I made the mistake of using orange sparkly gel to outline the edges of half the cookies. They looked pretty but I have never cared for the taste of the gels. So, they will probably all go in the trash and the rest of the dough into the freezer for later. Wasteful, I know.

I'm hoping to start on a fall throw soon. I have 6 yards of different fall fabrics and have decided that since that's not enough to make a big quilt, i'll make a throw for the living room to curl up under on those chilly nights. I just have to decide how big I want the squares and then start measuring and cutting.

Enjoy the first day of Fall!!

No comments: